Call For Papers
Call for Papers
The Information Processing and Telecommunications Center at Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (IPTC-UPM) in collaboration with Universidad de Granada are organizing the 11th International Workshop on Spoken Dialog System Technology (IWSDS2020) to be held in Madrid, Spain from May 18-20, 2020. We are now inviting paper submissions especially on the following topics:
- Engagement and emotion in human-robot interactions
- Digital resources for interactive applications
- Multi-modal and machine learning methods
- Companions, personal assistants and dialogue systems
- Proactive and anticipatory interactions
- Educational and healthcare robot applications
- Dialogue systems and reasoning
- Big data and large scale spoken dialogue systems
- Multi-lingual dialogue systems
- Spoken dialog systems for low-resource languages
- Domain Transfer and adaptation techniques for spoken dialog systems
However, submissions are not limited to these topics, therefore we are encouraging to submit papers in all areas of spoken dialogue systems. We particularly welcome papers that can be illustrated by a demonstration, and will organize the conference in order to best accommodate these papers, whatever their category. We distinguish between the following categories of regular submissions:
Categories of submissions:
- Long Research Papers are reserved for reports on mature research results. The expected length of a long paper should be in the range of 8-14 pages, including references.
- Short Research Papers should be in the range of 4-8 pages, including references. Authors may choose this category if they wish to report on smaller case studies or ongoing but interesting and original research efforts.
- Position Papers deal with novel research ideas or view-points which describe trends or fruitful starting points for future research and elicit discussion and are not much researched. They should be 2 pages long, excluding references.
- Demo Submissions – System Papers: Authors who wish to demonstrate their system may choose this category and provide a description of their system and demo. System papers should not exceed 6 pages in total.
As usual, a selection of accepted papers will be published in a book by Springer following the conference (Springer LNEE series, SCOPUS and other important indexes).
IWSDS 2020 requires that all authors wishing to present a paper take into account:
- The paper is substantially original and will not be submitted to any other conference or journal during the IWSDS 2020 review period.
- The paper does not contain any plagiarism.
- The paper will be presented by one of the authors in-person at the conference site according to the schedule published. Any paper accepted in the technical program, but not presented on-site will be withdrawn from the official conference proceedings.
NOTE: All submitted papers are subject to a single-blind review. The change in page limits is to accommodate responses to reviewer comments only.
Special Sessions and Workshops
In addition, IWSDS will host three special sessions and one workshop. Authors can submit specific papers to any of these using the same procedure as the regular papers but selecting the specific session during the submission process. For additional information about these special sessions and workshop please check the Special Session link:
- Workshop on Chatbots and Conversational Agents and Dialogue Breakdown Detection Challenge (WOCHAT+DBDC)
- Dialogue systems for mental e-health
- HUMIC-DIAL: Designing humor in human computer interaction with focus on dialogue technology
- Speech Language and Conversation Technologies for Iberian Languages
Templates for formatting are available below:
- January 25, 2020 (23:59 Pacific Standard Time, GMT -8): EXTENDED: Research, position and demo papers submission. UPDATES over uploaded papers will be allowed until January 30 (23:59 Pacific Standard Time, GMT-8)
- February 23, 2020: EXTENDED: Author notifications
- February 23, 2020: EXTENDED: Early bird registration opens
March 8, 2020: EXTENDED: Camera ready papers due (23:59 Pacific Standard Time, GMT-8) March 13, 2020 EXTENDED: Early bird registration ends (23:59 Pacific Standard Time, GMT-8)
- March 31, 2020: Full registration deadline for accepted papers only (23:59 Pacific Standard Time, GMT-8)
- July 17, 2020: Early bird registration ends (23:59 Pacific Standard Time, GMT-8)
May 18-20, 2020: Conference dates (Collocated with LREC in Marseille, France)
- September 21-23, 2020: Conference dates (Collocated with COLING in Barcelona, Spain)