The 11th Workshop on Spoken Dialog System Technology (IWSDS2020) will be held at the "Salón de Actos, Building C - ETSI de Telecomunicación - Universidad Politécnica de Madrid. The address is Avenida Complutense No 30, Ciudad Universitaria, 28040 _ Madrid, Spain. Below we provide detailed information on how to arrive and move around.
Please notice, that the IWSDS2020 Registration fee includes a 3-day tourist card to travel in Metro or Bus as much as you want inside the metropolitan area before the expiration day (Midnight Wed 20/05/2020). The card will be provided on the registration day (Monday 18, 2020 at 9:00 am).
How to get to ETSIT
The Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros de Telecomunicación (ETSIT) is located in Ciudad Universitaria, the largest University campus situated in the North East of Madrid. The address of the ETSIT is: Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros de Telecomunicación Avenida Complutense nº 30 Ciudad Universitaria 28040 Madrid, Spain
The buses that you can take to go to the School are: 82, G, U, F. The last one begins in Cuatro Caminos and in just 10 minutes drops you off at ETSIT. You can take the buses 82 and G from Moncloa and U from the metro Ciudad Universitaria. The metro station Ciudad Universitaria, line 6 (color grey), the nearest to ETSIT, is approximately 1km away from the School (10 minutes walking).
How to go back
If you want to go back to Metro Ciudad Universitaria or Moncloa, you can go back by walking (10 minutes walking) or you can take bus 82 which can stop at both subway stations (the final bus stop is at Moncloa).
The bus can be taken from a near bus stop to the ETSIT, please check the map with indications. The bus time interval is around 8-10 minutes, and it will be drop you at Ciudad Universitaria after 4 stops (around 5 minutes) or at Moncloa (last stop, in around 15 minutes).
Information of Interest
- Metro: It is the easiest way to move in Madrid. It is open from 6:00 in the morning until 1:30 h. The price for a single ticket is 1.5€, however the IWSDS organization will provide you with a 3 days tourist card that will allow you to move all around Madrid Capital City (Zone A) all times you want before the expiration day (Wed 20, 2020). You can find the map for metro here. For additional information please check: www.metromadrid.es
- Bus (EMT): There are more than 216 lines of regular buses that can go to any part of Madrid. The schedule is from 6:00 to 00:00 h. The tickets are the same as for the metro and the 3 day tourist card will also allow you to take any bus before the expiration day (Wed 20, 2020). Furthermore, there are night buses that work from 00:00 to 6:00 h and they begin at Plaza de Cibeles. www.emtmadrid.es
- Bike/Scooter: There are some cycle paths and a bike renting service. https://www.bicimad.com/ or http://www.jump.com
- Plane: The Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas airport consists of four terminals: T1, T2 , T3 and T4. The airport is connected with the city center by bus lines that run every 10 minutes, via Metro (line 8), and via Train (Cercanías). In case you take metro, then you need to get off at "Nuevos Ministerios" station. From there, you will need to take the circle line (Line 6, gray color) towards Ciudad Universitaria. Then, you can take buses 82, U or G or you can walk around 10 minutes to reach ETSI de Telecomunicación.
- Taxis: Taxis from the airport can take you to ETSI de Telecomunicación for around 30€ (flat rate for any taxi between airport and M-30 high-way). If you want to take a taxi from ETSIT-UPM towards your hotel you can use the following phone numbers: +34 932 200 239 (http://welcomepickups.com) or use Uber or Cabify services.
- Train: If you want to move around Madrid city, you can try using Renfe-Cercanias or if you want to go to other city outside the Community of Madrid then check: http://www.renfe.com/