Registration & Sponsorship
VIRTUAL CONFERENCE (July 6, 2020)
Considering the current and prospective situation due to COVID-19, the organizing committee has decided to go for a FULL VIRTUAL/ONLINE CONFERENCE. It has been a difficult decision for us given the big effort we have done with great enthusiasm, but we think this is the best and most convenient decision considering the evolution of the pandemic, the heterogeneous travel restrictions in different countries, and the uncertainties for the following months.
Therefore, in the light of this decision, we want to share with you our current actions and plans for the conference. Please read carefully and in case you have questions please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently finishing the conference proceedings which will be published by Springer as part of the LNEE series. Our hope is that it will be ready by the conference time or the following months before the end of the year. Since you already provided all the copyright forms and source files, we do not need any action from your side, unless the Springer editors require it later.
1- Requirement: The corresponding author of each accepted paper must send:
- A video corresponding to the presentation of the paper (see duration below).
- The presentation slides (PPTX or PDF).
- A signed consent form to publish them.
The video will be uploaded in a streaming platform (e.g. Youtube) accessible through a hidden link that we will sent later to all authors, while the slides will be fully public through our website (https://www.iwsds.tech/accepted-papers).
2- Consent to publish: We need to get your consent and preferred way to publish the video and slides (either as public or private) using this form.
3- Video guidelines: The duration of the video will depend on the length of the submitted paper (with independency of being in the General track or a special session track). The video must be recorded in MP4 format. The author of the video is responsible for granting a good video, sound quality, illumination, proper selection of background, and presentation. The conference organizers keep the right to publish or not a video/slides that do not fit the purpose or quality required for the conference. Next, we provide some suggested duration:
- a. Demo and position papers: 5-10 minutes
- b. Short paper: 10-20 minutes
- c. Long paper: 15-30 minutes
4- Deadline: The deadline for sending us the video, slides and signed permission form is due on September 6, 2020. You can directly send the files or link to download them to email@example.com.
5- Q&A: The video and slides will be available to all registered participants and their co-authors one week in advance to the official conference dates. The purpose is that all participants may have time to watch the videos at their own pace. We will enable the comments section in the streaming platform in case they want to leave any question or comment to the authors. Then, during the official conference dates (21-23 Sept, 2020), we require that any of the paper’s authors go through the comments section and provide answers to those questions. In any case, we are considering to program some live sessions to have a more interactive conference. We will be giving more information along time.
Thanks to our gold sponsors and endorsing institutions, the organizers will give one award to the best paper sent to the conference. In addition, we will also give one award to the best video presentation. The winners will be announced during the conference official dates and clearly indicated in our website. Both winners will receive a monetary prize and certificate. Note: The best video winner will be requested to grant public permission in case it has not be initially granted.
KEYNOTES AND OTHER EVENTS:
We have already got acknowledgement from our three keynote speakers that they will provide a video and slides of their talks. The videos and slides will be available to all registered participants; besides, they will be answering to questions posted in the comments section of the online stream platform during the time of the conference similarly as for the regular papers .
At the moment, we are also considering having some general assembly using Zoom during the days of the conference at a convenient time for everyone given the time zones. Therefore, keep in touch since we will provide you with more information about this in September.
REIMBURSEMENT (ONLY FOR ALREADY REGISTERED CORRESPONDING AUTHORS)
As stated in our website, since we did not have a full physical conference, we are committed to do a Full refund of the registration payment less bank or credit card expenses and 100€ processing fee. The reimbursement process will be started around November once the conference finishes. By that time, we will contact you on how to proceed to get the refund done.
FOR NON-REGISTERED PARTICIPANTS (NON-CORRESPONDING AUTHORS):
Given the differences in time-zones that our authors and attendees have, we decided to ask authors to submit videos and presentations that will be available to all registered participants and watched with one week in advance to the conference dates (21-23, 2020) allowing to send questions and make comments.
For people who has not registered before (including co-authors), in order to get access to the videos and presentations, we are requesting to do a free registration using this Registration link. Although the registration is free, it is important to do it for management purposes and for distributing information along time. The registration deadline is due on September 13, 2020.
We want to finish this communicate, by saying that we are really sorry for not being able to welcome you in person in Madrid, but hopefully we will soon have the opportunity to meet in person again. Meanwhile, stay safe and keep healthy.
With our kind regards,
IWSDS2020 Organizing Committee
- Accepted Papers Registration (valid until March 31, 2020)
- Full Registration: 500 €
- Student Registration: 350 €
- Virtual conference: Free registration until September 13, 2020 (Registering is important to get access to all information about the conference). After the deadline no more registrations will be allowed.
Early Bird Registrations (valid until July 17, 2020) Full Registration: 500 € Student Registration: 350 € Regular Registrations (effective after July 17, 2020) Full Registration: 650 € Student Registration: 480 €
* Note 1: each accepted paper must be supported by one full registration (by March 13th) in order to be finally accepted for publication in the conference.
* Note 2: all prices include access to all social activities (welcome reception, banquet and outdoor visit, 3 x Lunches, and 3-days tourist card for transportation on bus/subway inside the metropolitan area) * Note 3: IWSDS2020 is an ISCA supported event. Therefore students can apply for up to two travel grants for more information please access the student grant application Registration is OPEN Now. Click here to access our registration and payment system. We will accept payment by credit card and also by bank transfer (telegraphic transfer). More information on http://eventos.upm.es/go/IWSDS2020 . All bank charges and foreign exchange commissions are to be paid by the participant. Letter of Invitation for Visa purposes A Letter of invitation can be issued to registered/paid participants upon request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General cancellation Policy
Cancellation must be notified to email@example.com. All refunds will be processed and made after the conference. Refunds will be made through bank transfer or reimbursement to the credit card as the original payment. Please refer to the following dates for cancellation:
Cancellation by July 31st: Full refund less bank or credit card expenses and a 100€ processing fee Cancellation after July 31st: No refund
- Cancellation means that the final paper will be withdrawn from IWSDS 2020 Proceedings if no author has also not finally registered to the Main Conference by March 31, 2020.
Please remember that cancelling your registration does not automatically cancel your hotel and travel booking. Each participant is responsible for cancelling their own hotel and travel reservations. IWSDS2020 and Coronavirus (March 12, 2020) Due to the current international situation regarding the Coronavirus health outbreak, restrictions to travel, etc., and to prioritize the security and health of our community, we have decided to postpone IWSDS2020. The new conference date will be September 21-23, 2020 in Madrid, Spain (just two days after COLING2020 in Barcelona, Spain). We hope that by the new time the situation has turned to be normal again and all participants can attend the conference. In the light of this exceptional situation please be aware of the following information: There WILL NOT be a new call for papers, extended submission deadline or new review process. Instead, during the new conference dates only accepted papers will be presented. As scheduled, we will start with the publication process for a selected set of papers to be published by Springer. In order to do this, authors of all accepted papers must do a FULL registration to the conference by March 31st, 2020 and be sure the camera ready version of their paper has been uploaded. The new early bird registration date (ONLY for additional participants to the conference) is due to be 17th of July, 2020. For those that already registered to the conference, no new registration is required at all. In the exceptional event, that the conference cannot be held even in September, we will do a Full refund of (3) less bank or credit card expenses and 100€ processing fee. In this case, we will move into a full virtual conference. Therefore, papers will be published online and authors will be required to send us their Powerpoint presentations/e-Posters, and optionally a short presentation video (max 5 minutes), that we can upload in our website. We will update our website accordingly and will be in contact with all of you if there is any news or change w.r.t. to this email. If you have any further question please let us know by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please follow us also on Twitter (@iwsds2020) for further news. With kind regards, The IWSDS2020 Organizing Committee
Gold - 1,000 € + VAT (21%)
- Recognition in the opening and closing ceremonies, large logo + link on the conference website, recognition in the conference proceedings
- Promotional material delivered during the registry
- 5-minute presentation during the sponsors session
- Recognition for supporting one of the following: banquets, lunches, social activities, coffee breaks, keynote speakers
- Invitation to the main banquet for one person
Silver - 600 € + VAT (21%)
- Recognition in the opening and closing ceremonies, logo + link on the conference website
- Promotional material delivered during the registry
- 2-minute presentation during the sponsors session
- Recognition for supporting one of the following: social activity, welcome banquet, coffee break, keynote speakers
Bronze – 300 € + VAT (21%)
- Recognition at the closing ceremony, logo + link on the conference website
- Promotional material delivered during the registry
If you wish to sponsor IWSDS2020 please contact us sending an email to email@example.com. Links to access the platform for online payments and bank transfer details will be provided soon.